Healthy activities you can squeeze into your weekly trading routine04 February, 2019 by Paula Rodriguez in Forex Lifestyle
To manage an effective trading career, maintain optimal wellness by performing simple and healthy activities. Success in any endeavour involves proper work-life balance. When trading forex, this means creating a disciplined mindset towards work while also setting up a strategy for optimal health. Amidst a busy trading environment, traders must dedicate time and effort to maintaining an excellent state of health.
Oftentimes, forex traders have difficulty fitting in healthy activities into a tight weekly schedule. Responsibilities for work or for personal matters may get in the way of achieving proper goals for fitness. Whether this is for physical or cognitive wellbeing, make time and schedule effortless, effective and healthy activities to maintain wellness.
By planning healthy activities within a week of trading, you can build a balanced trading lifestyle while promoting overall efficiency.
Simple and healthy activities that promote health and well being
Optimal health and an efficient strategy go hand in hand for successful forex trading. – Why Optimal Health Means Trading Wealth
If you don’t have enough time to work out or wind down after a trading session, practicing quick and healthy activities can provide great benefits. With an energetic market, there are plenty of trading tasks that require a focused mind and a strong body. If you cannot schedule in time to train or meditate, there are other healthy activities you can do.
When you don’t have the opportunity to do a full activity for wellness, apply these simple and quick activities that promote health:
Being physically healthy is one of the best ways to achieve a balanced trading lifestyle. Ideally, you will need 2 to 3 sessions of strength and cardio exercises to stay physically fit. In a forex trading career, physical wellness is vital for optimal focus and productivity. Because of the sedentary nature of trading, long hours on the desk can greatly affect physical state.
When it comes to physical health, here are the top concerns you should watch out for:
- Back pain
- Digital eye strain
- Arm, hand or wrist strain
Why is physical health important when trading?
Maintaining excellent physical health is linked to success. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, regular physical activity can build overall body strength while reducing anxiety and boosting cognitive performance. If you do not have time to travel to your gym, short activities for physical wellness can still be done at home or in your office space. In the long run, these quick activities can still make a difference.
Benefits of physical wellness
Adding any kind of physical activity into your weekly trading routine can provide many advantages. These include:
- Boosts muscle endurance and natural energy
- Enhances mood while lessening stress or depression
- Fights against health conditions and chronic diseases
- Helps relieve physical strain from a sedentary work environment
- Improves overall quality of sleep to fully rest both body and mind
Quick and effective ideas for great physical health when trading
- Apps for fitness or home exercises can offer a convenient way to get a workout done at any time of the day. You can even set the length of your workout.
- If you have the chance to walk to nearby areas for errands, use that opportunity for a quick workout. It is a great way to burn off calories while getting things done.
- Fulfilling your daily steps is another great way to incorporate physical wellness especially if you do not have time for a cardio workout. You can achieve a total number of at least 10,000 steps a day.
- Household chores are another great way to activate your body. The simple act of cleaning or carrying items can make a small and effective difference.
- To eliminate the negative effects of long-term sitting, practice the Sit-Stand exercise. Ideally, you have to sit every 20 minutes, stand up for 8 minutes and then stretch for 2 minutes.
- Try using a standing desk or a stability ball for proper posture and pain relief.
- Eye exercises are vital to avoid digital eye strain. Every 20 minutes, focus on an object that is about 20 feet away. Try to do this for 20 seconds to give yourself a break from the computer screen.
- Because of hours spent on the trading desk, stretching provides great benefits for back aches and issues related to poor ergonomics.
Managing your mental health is as important as taking care of your physical state. With the analytical and psychological requirements of trading, you have to make time to strengthen your mental wellbeing. To efficiently carry out all your trading strategies, increase your overall mental strength for excellent output and performance.
Mental health involves your cognitive abilities. Aside from emotional wellbeing, cognitive health reveals a trader’s ability to process information, solve problems, make use of memory power and interpret or understand data. Together with good physical health, create an effective trading routine by adding healthy activities that will keep your brain fit.
Why is cognitive strength important when trading?
Cognitive power is one of the most effective tools to achieve your forex trading goals. With constant analysis of market movement or news, a trader’s cognitive function plays an important role for success. Get to know the best benefits of cognitive strength:
- Optimizes your ability to strategize and find solutions
- Improves memory or recall needed during executions
- Boosts comprehensive skills especially during forex education
- Increases efficiency and focus for everyday tasks
- Strengthens analytical power for good decision making
Simple strategies that improve brain health
- Perform mental workouts for memory power like simple recalls or memory maps.
- Take mental breaks.
- Solve different types of puzzles whenever you are on a break.
- Expose yourself to new ideas to gain a fresh perspective.
- Plan simple activities that allow you to boost all your senses.
- Learn new things or hobbies for mental stimulation.
- Read books or newspapers to enhance analytical thinking.
- Visit new places like art shows or museums.
Mental health also involves excellent emotional wellbeing. In a career that involves risks and rewards, forex traders are susceptible to experiencing emotional triggers. If not managed properly, feelings like anxiety, frustration or regret can often prompt emotional trading and hasty decision making. With strong emotional health, traders can replace disruptive emotions with the drive to be proactive and positive.
Aside from this, Family Doctor shares that those who are emotionally healthy are in better control of their feelings and are able to overcome challenges or setbacks. When you are short on time, make sure to plan activities and set aside moments to help build emotional strength when trading.
Why is emotional health important when trading?
While boosting your cognitive performance, find ways to improve emotional health. This means taking care of your emotional state when trading a challenging forex market. By becoming mindful of your thoughts, you can better manage your mindset and behaviour towards different scenarios. It also encourages traders to accept negative feelings but still learning how to control them.
Within a bustling week of forex trading, you may not be able to schedule time for meditation or a relaxing session in the spa. Even if you cannot devote a long session to unwind, you can still strengthen emotional management in small ways. With easy and healthy activities, allow yourself to rejuvenate and promote emotional wellbeing.
Top 3 stress-free ways to strengthen emotional health
- Step back and practice mindfulness especially when you start to feel overwhelmed. Give yourself short moments for self-awareness. This will help refresh the mind in the middle of a trading session.
- When you feel frustrated or anxious, find a way to connect with friends or family to get a sense of support. This allows you to step back from a difficult situation and take a break.
- Breathing exercises provide emotional release. It helps traders let go of tension while promoting a more calm and relaxed state of mind.
Self-care for success and overall wellness as a trader
For a thriving career as a forex trader, build a reliable trading strategy while maintaining optimal health. There are many activities you can do to build overall wellbeing. Without taking too much time and effort, traders can try different activities that promote wellness for both body and mind. This inspires the right mindset while building physical and mental stamina to achieve goals for the week.
Stay active and live a balanced trading lifestyle by incorporating quick and effective activities for health. For long term success, finding moments within the week for health is a great way to practice self-care as a trader. Even if you are busy with trading or personal matters, you can still set aside time for a quick session geared for physical, cognitive or emotional health.
To build a rewarding forex trading journey, good work ethics should go hand in hand with excellent practices for wellness. If you find yourself pressed for time, be sure to practice easy and healthy activities to maintain overall wellbeing.
When you are having a busy week, how do you make time for healthy activities? Aside from this, learn other effective ways to boost overall wellness and how to Lead a Well-rounded Life for Optimal Trading.