Must-have ergonomic tools for your trading desk and home office04 August, 2019 by Paula Rodriguez in Forex Lifestyle
Enjoy a highly productive trading session by investing in quality ergonomic tools for your workspace. In an exciting trading environment, optimal focus is vital for proper executions and good decision making. Amidst an active forex market, one of the best ways to stay engaged and fully focused is through excellent ergonomic tools.
Having good ergonomic tools is highly beneficial in a forex trading career. Being a sedentary type of profession, practicing ergonomics when trading can enhance physical wellness and boost overall performance. With the possibility of long hours on a computer desk, traders need to have proper posture and general physical comfort. Together with an efficient work setup, ergonomic tools can help optimize a trader’s daily output for success.
What it means to practice excellent ergonomics
The main goal of good ergonomics is to ensure a comfortable and productive office setup. When you use your office on a daily basis, the arrangement of your workstation plays an important role in your total output. According to Health Link BC, ergonomics describes the study of the work you do while planning an office setup that will help you accomplish your job. To avoid distracting aches and boost personal productivity, applying great ergonomics can enable a more focused trading session.
Learn the most important points to remember when applying ergonomics in your trading station:
You must be willing to invest
Most of the time, the extra comfort, research and technology used for ergonomics may increase the overall investment in your trading office. This is an important note to remember especially when picking tools like office chairs or monitors. Though with the increase in demand for more ergonomically friendly objects, there are surely more competitive prices out there.
Take your time when considering smart space planning
If you have the opportunity to design your office, incorporating ergonomics can allow you to fully optimize the space. This includes factors like lighting, organization conveniences and smart desk layouts. Along with an ergonomic space, be sure to also maintain a professional trading atmosphere in your home office.
Be aware of your physical form while working
Even with the help of ergonomic tools, it is still important for traders to be aware of their physical state while working. When building a mindset for better ergonomics, apply the best methods and make a habit out of them. These include habits like better posture, taking breaks or ensuring the correct form while typing. To further minimize aches or strains, you must continue to maintain these good practices and transform your physical state with ergonomics in mind.Invest in excellent ergonomic tools for a productive and ache-free trading session. Click To Tweet
Benefits of practicing good ergonomics
Having an ergonomic workstation can help traders perform well in every task. If you properly design your space and pick quality tools, you will be better able to accomplish different trading activities. When you practice the standards for good ergonomics, you can ultimately minimize the harmful effects of:
- Overall fatigue
- Digital eye strain
- Carpal tunnel and wrist pain
- Neck and shoulder pains
- Spinal discomfort or backaches
Essential ergonomic tools for your trading space
Working as a forex trader means spending time in front of a digital screen or on a desk. Because of this, the use of ergonomic tools in your workstation can increase the quality of your performance. To address the negative effects of poor ergonomics, learn about the best ergonomic tools you can use:
Tools for overall fatigue
To create a productive and healthy trading environment, traders can make use of good ergonomic tools to minimize fatigue. Forex trading is a sedentary type of job that requires minimal movement but full concentration. In any office setup, sitting long hours on a desk can ultimately cause a feeling of tiredness. Through ergonomic solutions, you can lessen chronic fatigue and enhance energy throughout the day.
One of the best ergonomic tools you can use is your trading office. The overall elements of your office environment can greatly affect your physical comfort and general health.
- Eye comfort is key especially when being constantly in front of digital devices. In the long run, incorrect lighting can cause fatigue from too much eye strain. The best thing you can do is to manage your lighting sources. If your office has too much natural light, use smart glass solutions on your windows to avoid glare while still allowing the light in.
- Aside from enhancing your window treatments for natural light, you can also manage your office’s other sources of light. If you have the opportunity to customize your lighting plan to complement computer displays, be sure to use indirect or low-level light sources.
- Another tool you can use to enhance your trading environment is to set the right temperature. The best temperature for work can greatly vary based on your preference. By using different tools like fans, heaters or air conditioning, you can achieve both focus and comfort while increasing energy for work. Depending on the hours you plan to trade, make sure to adjust room temperature accordingly.
Tools for digital eye strain
Digital eye strain is one of the most common concerns of forex traders. With all trading activity done in front of a digital device, it is expected for traders to feel eye fatigue at some point. To fight the effects of digital eye strain, ergonomic tools are helpful to prevent eye problems and improve eye comfort.
- To avoid eye strain from poor lighting or glare, you can use anti-glare filters on your monitor.
- With technology moving forward, there are many available software and apps that help with decreasing eye discomfort. You can use apps that automatically adjust your screen’s color setting depending on the time of day. There are also apps that remind you to take a break from the computer screen.
- Apply daily practices to keep your eyes healthy. Learn all the Effective Hacks and Smart Technology for Digital Eye Strain.
Tools for carpal tunnel and wrist pain
Another discomfort that traders can experience is pains associated with the hand. When using a keyboard, trackpad or a mouse, wrist pain or carpal tunnel is possible. By using ergonomic tools to alleviate any soreness or strain, you can continue to accomplish trading activities with ease.
- There are plenty of options nowadays for a quality ergonomic mouse. For long term usage, having an ergonomic mouse can ease both wrist and hand tension.
- Invest in an ergonomic keyboard. If you find yourself spending long hours on your desktop, it will be helpful to consider a well-designed ergonomic keyboard to prevent typing injuries.
- Mousepads that provide extra support usually have an elevated rest that is built-in. This feature minimizes strain on the wrist while also preventing carpal tunnel.
- You can also use an elbow or wrist pad. These are comfortable rests that you can place on your desk to increase support where needed. This is a great ergonomic tool if you are using a laptop or if you do not have an adjustable chair or desk.
Tools for neck and shoulder pains
Neck and shoulder discomfort is also common in a computer setup. If your monitor is not placed at the proper height or if any extra movement is straining the neck, you can increase the feeling of exhaustion. By examining your desk layout and everyday movements, you can plan for better habits that can improve the comfort in your office.
- Try pivot and adjustable monitors or mounts. Both the height and positioning of your monitor play a big role in ergonomics. The general rule of thumb is that the top of your computer screen should be slightly below eye level. The top of your screen should not be higher than eye level.
- If you use multiple gadgets for trading like an iPad or a cellphone, make the most out of stands or gadget holders to minimize any movements that make you strain your neck.
- If you will be using your laptop for a long period of time, it is best to use an adjustable laptop stand to avoid chronic neck and shoulder pains.
Tools for spinal discomfort or backaches
The way you sit can greatly affect your entire body. Spine Health shares that back pain is one of the most frequent work-related injuries in office desk jobs. The role of good ergonomics is to prevent these discomforts while maintaining a healthy back.
Being a sedentary type of work, forex traders cannot rely on good sitting posture alone. Oftentimes, the best thing you can do is to use excellent ergonomic tools to ensure that you are able to achieve proper posture. At the end of the day, these investments will ultimately help traders maintain physical wellbeing while also increasing concentration.
- An office chair is one of the top investments you can have for good ergonomics. A quality chair that is specialized for ergonomics can minimize spinal pains, encourage proper sitting and allow adjustments for optimal comfort.
- If you can find a sturdy adjustable desk, this can greatly be beneficial for the prevention of backaches as well as neck pains.
- To avoid pressure on the legs, a footrest can be a great ergonomic tool. If you do not have an adjustable office chair and your feet are not comfortably placed on the floor, you can easily use a footrest.
- Posture correctors are great mobile ergonomic tools that will help you maintain good posture while sitting down. There are also many options for this tool in the form of support cushions, meshes or belts.
Investing in ergonomic tools for excellent forex trading
To encourage optimal performance in every trading session, make the most of today’s innovative ergonomic tools. In the long run, the layout of your trading desk and everyday objects you use can have an effect on your overall productivity. By creating an ergonomic office setup, you can efficiently perform tasks while minimizing discomfort and improving health. Depending on your needs, slowly invest in quality ergonomic tools to enhance your forex trading sessions.