Top 20 ways to prepare yourself for a new year of trading09 December, 2019 by Paula Rodriguez in Forex Lifestyle
Before the year ends, make the right preparations and set yourself up for success for another new year of trading. To maintain productivity levels and optimal performance, plan the best activities and develop thoughtful action plans that will help usher in a new year of trading.
It is vital to finish the year strong and without loose ends. With the demands of the forex market, smart planning is an essential step for success most especially in preparation for the new year. To finish the year on a more positive and productive note, take advantage of these top activities to manage your tasks and build the right mindset for a new year of trading.For a successful new year of trading, end the year strong by making smart preparations. Click To Tweet
Top 10 preparations for your trading career
With busy schedules during the holiday season, it is important to stay organized and focused until the new year. At the end of another year of trading, it is vital to look back and analyze previous trades. From there, traders can review and re-strategize new action plans and upgrades.
To boost overall systems and performance, here is a list of the best ways you can prepare for next year’s trades:
For creating optimal focus and efficiency for the new year:
- Go over unfinished projects or backlogged tasks. From vital tasks to small tasks, do your best to check off your to-do list this December. To avoid feeling overwhelmed and boost focus for the new year, be sure to work on your pending tasks all throughout the last month of the year.
- Clean and reorganize your desk space. To maintain a professional trading atmosphere, your trading station must increase focus and create an engaging environment for optimal efficiency.
- Also declutter your digital space. With so much time spent online, it is also vital to also keep your digital space organized. Uninstall apps that are not useful to you. You must also find time to back up your files. This will help traders keep an uncluttered mind while also minimizing distractions.
- Clean up your inbox. Take your time to delete promotional or unnecessary emails. You can also unsubscribe to newsletters that are no longer helpful to you.
- Look for possible upgrades. Some ideas include upgrading your workspace for better ergonomics or investing in new gadgets or apps that will boost productivity
For improving overall performance as a trader:
- Execute a quick personal S.W.O.T. This gives traders the chance to perform a comprehensive analysis of their performance as a trader. Learn about how you can execute Personal Analysis For Your Trading Career.
- Conduct an analysis of your skillset. To create an action plan for self-improvement, you need to first examine your current abilities for trading. From there, you can make action plans on how you can improve these important skills and enhance the quality of your work
- Re-evaluate the year’s accomplishments. Whether big or small, Sam Brown shares that one of the 5 Ways To Prepare for the New Year is to create a list of accomplishments. This will provide much-needed motivation for the new year.
- Define and update new career goals. After evaluating this year’s accomplishments, be sure to update your career goals for the upcoming year. With the aim of optimization and proactive action, create new career goals that will enhance your trading performance.
- Examine your work habits. Check the work habits you have developed within the year. This means examining both positive and negative habits. Are you doing things that hinder optimal productivity while trading? Are there work habits that you’ve developed that seem to really boost your trading performance?
Top 10 preparations for overall health and wellness
Much of forex trading success comes from excellent health and wellness. Ultimately, the things you do away from the trading desk will have an effect on your forex trading career. Being a personal endeavor, your overall wellbeing will greatly encourage success.
During these last few weeks of the year, it is key to check on how you are doing apart from your trading career. Are you feeling too stressed? Do you feel accomplished? Do you feel worried about the new year?
There are many things you can do to improve the quality of your life and wellbeing. To encourage more positivity for the new year, spend time on these important preparations to enhance your overall health and wellness as a trader:
Check on your overall mental health
Because of the risk and reward nature of the forex market, the stress levels of traders can be higher than others. Though all work environments come with their challenges, forex traders can be more susceptible to constant worry. To manage your mental health as a trader, give yourself time for self-reflection before the new year starts.
If you want to achieve more mental discipline, look for ways to strengthen the mind for optimal trading.
Evaluate your current physical state
Health is wealth, especially with the odd hours and the sedentary lifestyle of forex trading. Before the year ends, see if you’ve completed yearly checkups and make appointments to doctors you have not visited yet. By doing this, you can create the right plans for both diet and fitness for a new year of trading.For continuous success, learn about the things you can do to prepare for a new year of trading. Click To Tweet
Also analyze your financial state
See if your finances are in good shape. Aside from your physical state, your financial state plays a significant role in overall wellness. Since finance is one of the most common causes of anxieties, traders must do an honest review of personal finances. Analyze your spending habits, savings, current debts and all other financial information you need to check up on. From there, you can conduct realistic financial planning for the new year.
Track and look into your screen time
This quick activity is a great eye-opener for traders who may spend time on digital devices. Through tracking apps on the phone or computer, you can see how you are spending time on your digital devices. You could be spending more time on social media apps or games.
By doing this, you can see a general overview of your hours online and how you can improve next year.
Review your current resolutions
Be truthful with how you were able to accomplish your goals for the year. Did you make time to do quarterly reviews of your current resolutions? What is the progress? Were they realistic resolutions? This is an excellent activity for traders to help analyze achievements and personal goals during the year.
Set up new personal goals
Apart from your career objectives, be sure to plan meaningful and realistic goals for yourself. In a busy trading atmosphere, it is easy to get engrossed with goals as a trader. But, it is also important to set personal goals that encourage self-love and self-reliance.
When creating new goals, The Journey Junkie reminds us to commit to our resolutions and be dedicated to doing the work.
Find ways to lessen the stress during the holidays
To prepare for the new year, you will need to do self-evaluation. The best way to achieve this is by lessening stress during the holidays. With an open mind and an optimistic outlook, traders can properly perform self-evaluations with more focus.
During the holidays, make more efforts in lessening stress to help end the year right and start the year with more positivity.
Devote time to declutter and clean up
To lessen stress and boost energy, traders need to devote time to declutter and clean up before the end of the year. Aside from organization in the trading space, tidying up your home can provide many benefits especially when starting a new year. This gives way for traders to possibly donate or set aside objects that are just taking space.Before the year ends, look back on your year of trading and move forward with preparations. Click To Tweet
Take a look at your current weekly routine
Checking on how you spend your week is vital when improving your overall health and wellness for the new year. Are you spending your time wisely? Is your weekly routine inspiring a good balance of personal goals and trading goals? By seeing the overall picture of your weekly routine, you can determine if your current schedule is promoting both productivity and rest. If not, you can strategize ways to improve.
Spend quality time with family or friends
The holiday season is a great time to reconnect with family and friends. This is one of the best things you can do before the new year because it provides work-life balance amidst a busy December. For a successful new year, spending quality time with your support system can help with motivation for another new year of trading.
Look for ways to express gratitude
Expressing gratitude at the end of the year is a healthy way for traders to establish a positive mindset. It serves as a great opportunity to thank those who have influenced you throughout the year. The excellent benefits of expressing gratitude also include strengthening psychological health and self-worth.
To encourage optimism and self-esteem, showing gratitude at the end of the year prepares a trader’s mindset to take on a new year of trading.
Start the brand new year with optimism and efficiency
How do you gear up for a successful new year? Before the year comes to a close, it is important to resolve all undertakings from the previous year and be prepared with action plans for the year ahead. For optimal productivity, traders must do a self-analysis of where they are in their trading career. Aside from this, traders also need to check overall health and wellness.
The end of the year usually provides a valuable opportunity for reflection and strategizing for a brand new year. In an exciting forex environment, traders need to continue to stay mentally fit while maintaining excellent trading performance.